Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Quote for the day........




So we're all getting bombarded with politics these days....and Hey!! Don't Panic! Not ever going political on my little corner of BlogWorld.......but I do have a great quote from a former President.

Harry S. Truman, that's him on the left there....took a lot of crap from people when he was in office. Of course, I think that's part of the gig. WHY does anyone want to be President??

Anyway...........Harry's quote??

A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.

I think he was onto something. We've all known people like this...Especially writers. If an editor asks for a partial--to hear the writer tell it, they've just been sent to the Seventh Level of Hell. What will I do? How will I get it done? I can't send this in!

Ahhhh....but the multi published writer (the one who is going to keep selling), will get a rejection and think, Fine. They don't like that part of the proposal, I'll change it, then she'll love it.

So take your difficulties and make them opportunities...........

4 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just finished watching The Robinsons, so I'll take one from Walt Disney

    Keep Moving Forward

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Note to self: These set backs on my work in progress are opportunities!

    Right?

    Sheesh, I'll work on the optimism...

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    That's a good one too, Cyndi!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Jen.........I too am reminding myself of the 'opportunity' just waiting for me today!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home