Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Friday, August 15, 2008

Books, books, books........



So, I've decided Fridays are going to be BOOK days.......

What're you reading? What do you WANT to read? What do you look for? And for those of you writing.......what kind of book are you working on?

To start us off, I'm doing a little bragging.........that's the cover of my January NAL release there on the left!

Is that gorgeous or what?? When I first saw it, the cover was all a deep pink color, which was pretty.......then my new editor saw it, said, I think we can do better and went to the art department asking them to make the people POP on the cover.

Boy, did they do a wonderful job! I just love this cover. The guy is amazing looking (and apparently a real person, not a composite, which makes me think he's being followed by love struck women everywhere he goes)..........

The story.......ah yes. This book is a funny paranormal. The hero, Culhane, is a Warrior of the Fae and our heroine Maggie, is just a human with a little Fae blood who finds out she's destined to defeat an evil queen and save not only Otherworld, but her own world, too. Naturally, nothing comes easy for Maggie Donovan--so learning not to float and learning how to kill demons and weird ass Fae who keep coming around trying to steal the new power she doesn't know how to use yet is problematical. Add in a 2000 year old snarky pixie and a 12 year old niece and a sister who's so busy dusting off her chakras she doesn't notice that her new boyfriend has a few secrets of his own.............and I think you get the picture.

It's fun, it's fast and I'm hoping you'll all love it.............

So what do you guys think? Paranormal here to stay? Already fading? Dark or light? Funny or grim?

Let's talk books............

9 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The cover is beautiful.

    I like funny paranormals, but I like vampires too. Somaybe it's good to have both and give us a choice.

    Tracy

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    God, I LOVE that cover! I don't think I can say that enough. LOL

    I hope paranormals are here to stay...They're so much fun, both dark and light. Can't get enough of them!

    Oh, and I love that cover! :-)

    MC

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Tracy.....thanks! Glad to see you here......and I'm glad you like dark and light!

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Michele.....

    THANKS!! I love it too! Isn't it gorgeous......

    And I'm with you, I hope paranormals are here to stay, too!

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    I can remember when I had to hunt high and low to find a paranormal story. That's why these days, I'm just in Hog Heaven!! I enjoy them all....vampires, werewolves, witches, demons. It's like a giant buffet to me. Boy that cover is really something!!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Pat, me too!

    I LOVE paranormal. Light, dark, doesn't matter. If you get me interested, I'm there! (though I do admit to loving laughter in my books!!)

    Thanks for the wow on the cover! Isn't it gorgeous??

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really love the cover.

    Light v dark paranormals.. I think there's a market for both. I read both, my mood dictates which type I read at that moment.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Thanks, Cyndi.....it is gorgeous and I love it......and I'm with you. Sometimes I want a laugh, sometimes I want the dark....good to have both!

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    That's the kind of cover I'll race across a bookstore to grab! I love it!! Very sexy and smoldering!

    I love light paranormals. I love a big, sexy alpha vampire or demon or, hey, a fae warrior *g* trying to deal with a modern woman who's going to fight him every step of the way and make us laugh while she does so. More, please!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home