Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quote for the day........


Well, I'm getting a late start today posting my quote for the day! But sheesh, such a day I've had..

The bank?? While I'm in there, they get an email alert saying a nearby branch was robbed...well, that'll slow things down. Then I go to the next bank, where there are no tellers, just hysterical laughter coming from the break room! Glad they're having fun at work, but come on people! Then to Target--Dear God, shopping at Target. Went in for FOUR things....came out with a cartload and still not sure if I got what I went in for......then to the grocery store.....ah, good times!! Men should not be allowed to shop ALONE in grocery stores. They don't know the rules. They block aisles, they wander, they stop without wondering if anyone's behind them.........sigh........a million dollars later, I'm unloading everything from the car and racing in to answer the phone......

Do you read any mention of actual WORK getting done today?? No, I didn't either......

ANYWAY....for the quote, we have the uber-talented Stephen King.....look at that picture. Doesn't he make you think he knows something you don't? This man is just an amazing writer and I like his attitude, too.......Here's his quote......

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.

He's so right.......and I'm ashamed to say that today, Mr. Stephen King no doubt got a hell of a lot more work done than I did!

8 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    I hear you on the men in grocery stores! This week, there was a man standing in the middle of the aisle on his cell phone, staring at the chips like they were some extra terrestrials. How freaking hard is it to buy chips?

    Terrific quote? But Stephen looks like he knows more than I want to know. Ever. :-)

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    I'm with you on that.....the things Stephen knows...yeesh shudder....

    WHAT is up with men and grocery carts???

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't speak to men at the grocery store. I send mine and don't go! LOL I swear. He loves to go to the store. He'd never admit it, but he always jumps at the chance.

    No quote for today. I had "no of those days." Got my car out of the shop to the tune or $1700. GULP

    I need cookies. Sigh

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Ah, Target. So dangerous. And lists? Really not that helpful.

    Yikes about the bank robbery!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After I posted, someone sent me this..

    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure."
    -- Samuel Johnson

    If that's true, I'm writing gold because every word is like pulling teeth right now!

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    Holy moly, it sounds like everyone's day went to hell in a handcart!! I too, have noticed that half of the people in the store are on their cell phones. I guess they need to consult with other people before they buy anything.
    It's very true how cars can take a big bite out of finances. We're in the process of having the engine re-built on the Jeep. The estimate for that was $2,600. I'm going to need something stronger than cookies.
    Stephen King is a great writer, but he's a little....odd.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger EllenToo said…

    I read this quote by Stephen King in someone else's post today but darn if I can remember whose:

    "If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time or tools to write."

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just read this one..

    "Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very;" your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be." ~Mark Twain

     

Post a Comment

<< Home