Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Great Cover.........




So, I'm putting this cover up on my blog because I CAN!

Isn't it gorgeous???

This book comes out from NAL in January 09 and if I do say so myself, it's a lot of fun! I'm posting the opening below and in the next couple of days I'll be asking for names of those who might be interested in reading an advance copy of the book and running out to post reviews on Amazon and Barnes and Noble and oh, anywhere else you might think of!

So if you're interested in becoming a part time reviewer, start thinking about it, okay?

With a little 20/20 hindsight, Maggie Donovan never would have gone to see her ex-almost-fiancée that morning. Unfortunately, just like everybody else in the world, Maggie didn’t know something hideous was going to happen until she was in the middle of the freaking nightmare.
Dressed for work in her faded blue jeans, paint spattered tennis shoes and a tee shirt that read Do it in paint, Maggie’s plan had seemed simple enough. Take a box of Joe Ericson’s left behind junk—including ABBA CD’s for God’s sake—to his office, drop it off and put him out of her life for good.
He wasn’t a bad guy, really. But she had finally had enough. She just hadn’t been able to spend one more night watching his DVD collection of the original Star Trek TV show and discussing over and over again how Kirk was a much better captain of the Enterprise than Picard.
So anyway, her plan was simple, until she walked into Joe’s office and found him being eaten. Not in a sexual way, either.

12 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, wow. That's a GORGEOUS cover!!

    Can't wait to read it.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the cover and what an openning. You've hooked me again, looking forward to reading it.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Anonymous.......thanks!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi Kelly!

    I'm so glad you like the opening! It's a fun book, if I do say so myself!

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the cover!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    Really nice cover!! I can see where too much Star Trek overload could doom a romance.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Jill.....Thanks!!

    Pat! You're right Star Trek would do it....

    History day tomorrow!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Man, I LOVE this cover! And the opening!

    Oh, and hey, Maureen! :)

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You KNOW I want an ARC and promise to post reviews everywhere! :)

    LOVE the cover. very hot.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL, Hey Michele!! =)

    Hey Cyndi! Thanks!! When I put the word out for reviewers, I'll be knocking on your door!

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maureen,

    Love the cover! Very hot!

    Keep me in mind if you need someone to review. :-)

    Husker Kim

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Kim, Thanks for offering!! I'll be putting out a request for reviewers sometime in November!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home