Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Friday, April 03, 2009

Saturday Heroes.........





Yep, Saturday Heroes, posted on Friday! So shoot me. No wait, don't! I've gotta hit the road early tomorrow, so thought I'd post my Saturday Heroes now.........

I've been on a cowboy thing for the last couple of days. Guest blogging at Petticoats & Pistols started me off. But to tell the truth, I've always been in love with the cowboys.

I started out writing Western Historicals and part of my heart is still there.

And let's face it, Sam Elliot is just the absolute BEST cowboy ever. With Tom Selleck a mighty close second. This picture is a still from their TV movie, The Shadow Riders, based on A Louis L'Amour novel....

What's not to love about a cowboy? They were tough and strong, yet tender. They stood up for the weak, punished the bullies and when they gave their word, it meant something.

Sure, the west has been idealized over time and yes, I'm not naieve enough to believe that ALL cowboys were heroes. But back then, when the only thing people had to help them survive was each other....your word had better mean something. You had better be someone who could be trusted.

And when all is said and done, let's think about this from a romance writer/reader point of view. Hat. Boots. Worn jeans. Long duster. Gun on hip.

And Sam Elliot's gravelly, spine tingly voice.

Oh yeah. That's a hero.

Who's YOUR favorite cowboy???

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home