Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Favorite Fictional Heroes



So I've been doing some thinking lately, (while I'm daydreaming about my latest hero), and I wondered.

Who's your favorite fictional hero? Do you have a 'type' you usually go for?

Me? I always went for cowboys. I think it was the strength I saw in them. The sense of honor. They did the right thing, no matter the cost. And when they loved, it was completely.

Those cowboys in the movies fed my imagination for years. Then I found Louis L'Amour's books and I lost myself in his descriptions of men and women who fought the elements and sometimes themselves and still managed to tame a continent.

And is there a woman alive who can resist a cowboy like Sam Elliott? The strength of character? That gravelly voice?

So tell me. What's your favorite type of hero? Give me some names. Are you a Highlander girl? An English Lord? A fireman? Police Officer? Let's hear it. Come on, let's talk heroes.

11 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great question! I don't have one type, but I do love this wild, untamed highlanders! Cowboys I can take or leave, just depending. But cops...yum! Standing for justice always gets to me.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    HI Jen.....

    Now see, cowboys, for me, they always stood for justice too. But I'm with you on cops...nobody braver.

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Erika said…

    I don't think I have a favorite type of hero. While I am quite fond of both cowboys and cops lately I find myself reading a lot of paranormal so I've been leaning towards vampires, wing slayers and immortal protectors of the Earth! I guess I just like heroes.

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger EllenToo said…

    I'm a cowboy fan but then what would you expect from a Texan? And I will not tell you what cowboy I liked best because that would tell you how old I am. I will pick cops as a second choice.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Erika, you show excellent taste!! Wing Slayers was written by one of my good friends!

    I'm with you, I read a lot of paranormals, too so my 'heroes' cover a WIDE variety of ground!!

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Ellen Too.....well hey, my mom was raised in Texas! (Born in Louisiana but moved to Longview)!! So I've always been partial to cowboys, too!

    And no, let's disregard the whole 'age' thing! LOL

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    My vote is with the vampires also. I sat here and thought about it awhile, but that's what I kept coming back to. I guess I'm never going to grow out of it. And with all the great paranormal authors out there these days, I have the chance to sample lots of yummy vampires. In fact, I can think of one in particular, named "Devlin" who kept me busy turning the pages.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Pat.....hmmm, intriguing!!! =)

    I also thought of another hero that always does it for me! Marines. There's just something about a guy in uniform!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Pat said…

    Or how about a Sea Captain? But like the ones in the older movies.

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Oooh. Also good. Remember the old Pirate romances??? yum.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Now you've got me thinkin'... always semi dangerous. Going to put up a nice picture I think of Hero Worthy guys...

    Maybe I'll make this a Saturday 'thing'.......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home