Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

CELEBRATING!




The best thing about writers? In my opinion, it's the way we celebrate our friends' successes. No matter what we write or how much or for how long, we're all sisters--(okay and a few hearty brothers)--in the trenches.

So when something FABULOUS happens to one of us, we all feel the pride and excitement! Which is what brings me to my subject today.

One of my best friends, Kate Carlisle, had the amazing experience of seeing her FIRST book released two weeks ago. She'd worked and worked for years to reach publication and seeing that beautiful cover on the shelf was her richly deserved reward.

But it gets better! Because Kate's book, HOMICIDE IN HARDCOVER, in its second week on the shelf, hit the New York Times Bestseller list!! So rush on out and buy your copy of the first book in a fabulous new series!!

Kate's writing friends couldn't be prouder--or happier--or more excited!

Yay, Kate!

8 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Awww, Maureen!! I love you, my friend!

    And let's face it, if it weren't for the expert plotting of my brilliant plot group (including YOU), I never would've made it so far!!

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Love you back! And come on, great plotting is fine, but you gotta be able to write the pages and let 'em sing!!

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So true Maureen! It's been a while since I've had as much fun as this last month celebrating Kate's first book, then her incredible (and richly deserved) success of hitting the NYT!!!

    Kate, I know Maureen and your plot group helped you, I know you coudln't have done it without them, but in the end, it was you at the keyboard each day, working your butt off to make that book as fabulous as it is!

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Jen, you're absolutely right! =)

    Kate did this......ALL of this!!

    And now she's on the list for a second week!! WOOHOO

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Saw it last night in BN in Melbourne Florida...very prominently placed near the check out...top shelf...eye level.

    I cannot WAIT to read this book!

    I am jealous of the plot group. If you'll ever allow an observer... :)

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL, Cyndi!! Observing our plot group would soooo be less than thrilling!

    Kate's book is great! Seriously. AND, it just made the NYT for the SECOND WEEK!!!

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Thought I'd sneak back in here and see what's going on...

    Hi Jen! Thanks, you sweet thing you! This whole month has been wild, hasn't it? And seriously, plot group saves my life every time. I owe them free drinks for life!!

    Hi Cyndi! Wow, cool placement at the B&N! Thanks for reporting! :-)
    The B&N's have been really great with ordering lots of books and putting them out on the new arrivals shelves. I love that!

    And I still can't believe I made it another week on the NYT! Woo hoo!!

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Pengobatan Atasi Infeksi Tetanus said…

Post a Comment

<< Home